December 21, 2008

A Torrent of Torrents

Oh my gorgeous cupcakes! This song just came on on the radio. Not FM radio, itunes radio. I was listening to Always Christmas (1.FM) because they normally have a nice selection of songs to play, and then this came on. It hurt my ears and I had to stop it. Their vowels and their consonants! My goodness!

Anyways... Today I decided to jump into the world of torrents. My friend had talked about it and I knew she got most of her songs from there, so I thought, "Heck. Let's give it a try." So I did. And....

OH MY GOD IT IS AMAZING! I found the download of 35 of Eric Whitacre's pieces. 35! I absolutely love his music. It is so amazing. This is my favorite and the singers are amazing too.

Okay. Go ahead. Call me weird and strange and all of that stuff; but this song is so amazingly beautiful. The dissidence in it is stunning. And building 13 part chords? (yes i counted) Who does that? Eric Whitacre does! And the high note at 1:08 just makes me melt. And I am currently downloading his music :-D

You should be jealous of me. Oh! And just thing. Lyrical/Contemporary dances to Whitacre's choral pieces! I must go call Mia Michaels!

Well, I think you've had enough of my being nerdy. I'll leave you be...

But seriously... Listen to his songs. You will die.

2 comments:

deelirious said...

oh you musical nerd, you. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow you sure know your musical stuff! :D Which is awesome by the way.

I think you showed me the video with the candles in it. Very... calming?! :P I guess that is the word I want.