June 24, 2007

Emmy's

So, the other day I tuned into CBS for the Daytime Emmy's, because those are the shows I watch during the summer. Not surprisingly, Ellen won for like Most Outstanding talkshow which I'm happy with because The View is just a bunch of old women PMSing and Dr.Phil does the same thing every show, Tyra Banks is a joke, and Montel Williams wasn't even nominated. Okay, get to the point - The Emmy's were RIGGED!


So, CBS hosted the Emmy's and I guess it was just coincidence that like over half of the nominees were from CBS with the other half being ABC, NBC, or Syndicated (multiple networks). Out of all the awards given out, CBS recieved 25% of them. ABC got about 16%, PBS - 13%, and NBC - 8%! If you add up the total awards won by the three major brodcasting companies then that leaves CBS with 51% of the awards. In some catogories there were like 4 nominees from CBS and 1 from either ABC or NBC.


The View tied with Sesame Street with 10 emmy's each.


Dr.Phil tied with Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks with 4 emmy's each.


Not that I watch any of the soap operas, but this awards show was completely fixed and I think someone needs to speak up about it!

By the Way: I think Bob Barker is a quitter!

No comments: