June 26, 2007

Eva

Two kids, 9 years old, playing their interpretation of volleyball with a red balloon named Bobby Joe III. Yes, right behind me. Pretty annoying. "Until it pops", "We want new balloons every time", "Touched the ground!", "Ooo, Ow.", "OH! It hit my knee." True quotes right there folks.

I really don't have much to wrote about.

I was surfing youtube earlier today. The first video I viewed was of a little girl on Britain's Got Talent singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It was unbelievably good for a 6 year old. Then I heard a different version of the song at the end of the clip, and I saw in the comments that the person who sang it was Eva Cassidy. So I looked her up on youtube and there were more videos. First, I watched Over the Rainbow and then I watched Time after Time and then I listened to Songbird. All of these songs were crazy good. The sheer talent of this woman astounded me. Her tone was wonderful, and I was just amazed. Sadly, I found that she had died in 1996 of melanoma. The talent this woman had went unnoticed until about 2001. She had recorded with some small record company. But even today, she isn't very well known.


R.I.P. Eva

No comments: