February 15, 2011

All These Possibilities...

I've been prompted to elaborate on the many different life plans/opportunities that I have been contemplating. There are many different ones, but I'm going to list the ones that are on the top of my mind (not necessarily in order because I'm confused by all of the different opportunities).

  1. In this plan I would graduate from *Northwestern University with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and then proceed to apply to Graduate School. Throughout the rest of my years at Northwestern I would be a YoungLife leader for the Northshore branch of YL and would be spending a lot of time with high school kids. YoungLife and school would be the focus of my life.
  2. In this plan I would graduate from *Northwestern University with a degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders. I would take the MCAT and hopefully score well enough to get into Medical School - particularly the University of Cincinnati's Medical School. I would go on to study Otolaryngolgy (ENT) and have about 4-5 additional years of schooling along with 5 years of residency. I would maybe be a YoungLife leader for the Northshore during my years at Northwestern. Similarly, when I'd return to Cincinnati, I'd be a YoungLife leader there.
  3. In this plan I would transfer to the University of Cincinnati and begin my sophomore year of college there still studying Communication Sciences and Disorders. My reason for transferring would be to become a YoungLife leader in Southeast Cincinnati. I would finish my Undergraduate Degree there and then probably enter the Graduate School there.
  4. In this plan I would embark on starting a music career, focused in the pop-indie genre. I would start writing songs and doing covers of songs. I'd post these videos on youtube as well as writing to record labels all over and sending in demos. Preferably, I would complete my Undergraduate Degree at Northwestern. However, it's hard to make this plan concrete because of all of the different steps that would need to occur.
* denotes the possibility of finishing my Undergraduate Degree by the end of my Junior year

Might I add that there have also been plans to get my private pilot's license so that I could fly small aircraft. Also, I am well aware that Plan 4 is not incredibly realistic - but, I can dream, right? I actually wrote my first song yesterday and have a list of a few songs that I'd like to cover. Also, I can very easily work on this "music career" while in school. Therefore, I'll basically combine Plan 4 with the rest of my plans.

So many possibilities. Which to choose? Maybe I don't even need to choose one. Perhaps one will be chosen for me. They're all decent plans. But then again, who am I to plan out my life? I'm foolish to think that I can "plan" my life or that I can control anything. My life could change in an instant and I would have nothing to do with it.

All in all, I guess I'm just a daydreamer. I like to imagine all of my possibilities and the assortment of fun things that I could do in my life. But, never say never!

1 comment:

Charlie Fiorillo said...

funny you mention #4. i've also thought about doing that!