February 18, 2011

Embarciendo...

¡Buenos días! Yo ercribiré sobre unas ideas que están en mi mente de canciones nuevas y cosas de la vida. También voy a hablar de cambios a mi blog y de música y lo que se pone buena o mala.

Well, I've basically written my first song, "By Your Side." It's a love song about a very generic relationship and a man's wishes to be by a woman's side and his promise to be by her side. It's got some modern pop influences as well as musical theatre and ballad influences. And I'm actually very proud of it. I came up with just about everything in a day and have been tweaking a few things here and there. I'm hoping to have it recorded and up on YouTube by next week.

In the meantime I'll be working on some other songs; I'm in the process of writing another song - not sure of the title yet - but, of course it's about love. However, it's a bit more reminiscent of "Firework" by Katy Perry. Not super-deep love - maybe just a crush. Also, I have been working on a cover of "Kiss With a Fist" by Florence + the machine and I'm very excited to get that one finished.

In other news, I'm headed home this weekend to spend a weekend with my family and a few friends and I'm incredibly excited. I plan on visiting some grandparents and hanging out with some friends, going to church and simply sleeping in my own bed! Also, there's going to be SWEET TEA! Not the fake stuff like it is in the dining hall, but legit, boiled-on-the-stove, sugar-added, iced sweet tea. And Chickfila! Which reminds me, I should probably start packing.

Also, I'm going to be redesigning my blog - particularly the header, so look for something good!

Now, this is where I want some feedback:
What makes you like a song? What makes you move? What kind of lyrics do you just love?

I'm mostly just curious because I think everyone has a unique perspective on the topic.

Have an awesome weekend :)

2 comments:

Nolan said...

Dude, liking the updates!!

1) The header is sweet. Classy.

2) I forgot to mention on your last post, but your career plans are totally realistic and awesome except for #3 because you belong to NU.

3) It's so sweet that you're writing songs. Can't wait to hear em. How are you recording them? Like what equipment do you use/programs, etc?

4) The best songs are the ones that have really catching details where it's not like "hey, that's a generic sentiment" but it's like "hey, I was in that exact situation". And they have carefully chosen words.

justdpl said...

I'm planning on recording them in GarageBand. There's a recording microphone here in Jones so I'm just going to use that.